Human Relations Division
MISSIONTo help ensure equal access and opportunity to all businesses that seek to provide goods and services to Wayne County - while fostering inclusion, diversity, integrity and encouraging the entrepreneurial spirit.
What we do:
Wayne County Human Relations Division is a business-certification agency, a tool for doing business with Wayne County. Earned business certifications may be applied as equalization credits in bid evaluations, based on a company's certification category, leveling the playing field for all businesses/vendors. The Division also serves as an investigation/enforcement unit in fair employment and discrimination complaints/violations pertaining to county contractors.
- An offeror shall receive the equalization credit for each applicable category. The firm making the lowest evaluated offer, shall be deemed the lowest offeror.
- In applying equalization credits, a Joint Venture shall not be considered a Mentoring Venture (vice versa), nor shall a Small Business Enterprise be considered an Expanding Business Enterprise (vice versa).
- No business shall receive credits unless it has been certified by the Wayne County Human Relations Division before the bid-submission deadline.
- Any offeror claiming entitlement/establishing eligibility to equalization credits shall agree to make available (to Wayne County) necessary records.
- Upon applying any equalization credit, contracts shall be awarded to the lowest responsible offerorthus evaluated.
County Based Enterprise Equalization Allowance Table
- Up to $50,000/5 percent
- $50,000-$200,000/3 percent
- $200,001 and more than/1 percent
Equalization Table For The County's Other Programs
- Small Business Enterprise (SBE)/1 percent
- Expanding Business Enterprise (EBE)/2 percent
- Joint Venture (JV)/1 percent
- Mentor Venture(MV)/1 percent
- Targeted Growth Community (TGC)/2 percent
- Get A Job...
- Apply For...
- Get Documents For...
- Sign Up For...
- Pay For...
- Get Training...
- Learn About...