PH Accreditation & Quality Improvement
Public Health Accreditation
The Michigan Local Public Health Accreditation Program seeks to assure and enhance the quality of local public health in Michigan by identifying and promoting the implementation of public health standards for local public health departments, and evaluating and accrediting local health departments on their ability to meet these standards.
We rely on our public health system to keep us healthy and safe from disease and injury. Across the country, more than 2,800 state, local and tribal public health departments are helping Americans lead healthier lives. They:
- Provide vaccinations and disease prevention programs;
- Ensure our food, water and air are safe and clean;
- Respond to emerging health threats, like H1N1; and
- Identify and promote policies that create healthy communities.
How Accreditation Improves Our Health:
- Hospitals, schools, police, and fire departments employ standards to help protect and serve the public. Our Michigan public health accreditation standards assure local health departments maximize their potential to protect and improve people's health in their communities. Accreditation is a successful program for routinely assessing performance and improving quality!
For more information: https://accreditation.localhealth.net/