The Wayne County Economic Development Corporation is comprised of several entities that can provide financing tools and incentives in furtherance of economic development projects in Wayne County.
Wayne County Economic Development Corporation (WCEDC)
- The WCEDC's private activity bond financing program can help fund economic development projects.
Wayne County Land Bank (WCLB)
- The WCLB is dedicated to putting abandoned / foreclosed residential and commercial properties back into productive use.
Wayne County Brownfield Redevelopment Authority (WCBRA)
- The WCBRA is dedicated to assisting businesses with environmental assessment and clean-up activities in order to restore properties to productive use.
Greater Wayne Economic Development Corporation (GWEDC)
- The GWEDC provides grants and loans to fund rehabilitation and enhancement projects that spur economic development within Wayne County.
Wayne County-Detroit Community Development Entity, Inc. (CDE)
- The CDE allocates federal New Market Tax Credits for commercial business development in low to moderate income areas.
Detroit-Wayne County Stadium Authority (DWCSA)
- The DWCSA owns Comerica Park and Ford Field and has the ability to assist in financing new stadiums that can serve as anchors and draw commerce to Wayne County.
Detroit Region Aerotropolis
- A Regional Economic Development Organization promoting investment in the 7 communities surrounding Willow Run and Detroit Metro Airport. Please visit http://www.DetroitAero.org for more information.