File for Benefits

What to bring to apply for benefits

Please bring the following documents and items when applying for Soldiers and Sailors Relief benefits:

  • DD-214 [Military Discharge]
  • Valid Michigan ID w/ picture
  • Verification of Income and Expenses
  • Utility Shut-off Notices
  • Foreclosure Notice
  • Eviction Notice [Need Court-Ordered Judgement]
  • Tax Notice of property being taken for delinquent tax

Widows must also provide:

  • Marriage Certificate
  • Certified Death Certificate
official records from