Pools, Campgrounds & Beaches
Public Swimming Pool Inspections
The Division determines regulatory compliance at public swimming pool facilities such as motels, health clubs, schools, community parks and apartment complexes through annual inspections, review of water sample test data and monthly operation reports.
For more information on public swimming pools: http://www.michigan.gov/deq/0,1607,7-135-3313_51087_3732---,00.html
For more information on safety while using a swimming pool or hot tub: https://www.cdc.gov/healthywater/swimming/index.html
- Fee Schedule
- Pool Operational Report Form
- 2018 Annual Indoor Pool Application for Water Monitoring
- Public Swimming Pool Rules
- Contingency and Emergency Plan Guidelines
- Annual Pool Inspection Checklist
- Daily Pool Operator Checklist
2018 Annual Pool Inspection Fee - Payment Due by May 21, 2018
- New ONLINE PAYMENT - Convenient, secure, paperless submittal. Forms of payment accepted: eCheck or Credit Card (Mastercard, VISA & Discover). Bank service fees apply: eCheck $1.00 or Credit/Debit cards 2.49% against the total payment. Online payments cannot be accepted for Change of Ownership or New pools.
Follow steps to: Create Account / Select fees for payment / Submit payment / Receive confirmation
PAY ONLINE 2018 POOL INSPECTION FEE
- MAIL - Send copy of invoice with checks payable to WAYNE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT to the address listed on invoice.
- IN-PERSON - Environmental Health office is located in the East Wing (off of Venoy Road driveway). Office Hours Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm. Closed from 11:30 am - 12:30 pm.
PLEASE NOTE: This fee is separate from your State of Michigan License Renewal Fee.
Contact 734-727-7413 or email@example.com with any questions.
Public Bathing Beaches Monitoring
During the summer months, Environmental Health collects bacteriological water samples at natural bathing beaches to protect the health of the bathers. Other stream monitoring projects test area waterways to determine if they meet state standards.
Public beaches are monitored for bacteria levels at least weekly and results are given to the municipalities in which the beaches are located. These results are also posted on the Michigan Beachguard Site, which can be viewed at this link: http://www.michigan.gov/deq/0,1607,7-135-3313_3686_3730---,00.html
CDC's Healthy Water Page
Wayne County Health, Veterans & Community Wellness
Health Admin Building
Wellness Services Division
Environmental Health Section
EAST WING (Parking at Venoy Road Entrance)
33030 Van Born Road
Wayne, MI 48184
Phone (734) 727-7400
Email: Swimming Pools - firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours of Operation
Mon-Fri: 8:00AM - 4:30PM
Closed For Lunch: 11:30AM - 12:30PM