Picnic Permits & Reservations

When you’re looking for a unique place to have your special gathering, look no further than Wayne County Parks. Wayne County Parks are open to the public year round. Permit fees are assessed for the reservation of picnic areas or shelters and league use of sports fields. For additional information on obtaining a reservation of a picnic area or shelter please contact the Park Office at (734) 261-1990.

We will begin taking reservations for the 2018 picnic permit season on Monday, November 6 at 7:00 a.m.   To receive an information package, call the permit office at (734) 261-1990. The permit office is located in the Nankin Mills building at 33175 Ann Arbor Trail in Westland. Forms of payment accepted are cash, check and Visa/Mastercard. The office hours for the permit office are Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. and Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.

For rental information about the Chateau on the River (formerly the Elizabeth Park Shelter Building) or Tourist Lodge, please call Kosch Catering at (248) 608-0690 or visit www.koschcatering.com

Wayne County Parks Picnic Shelters:

Photos and additional information



Picnic Area Permit
(Uncovered area)

$ 25.00

Ball Diamond
(Diamond free with Shelter or Area Rental)


Volleyball Court
(Northville Recreation Area Only)


Picnic Shelter  - Wayne County Residents
Non-Wayne County Resident                                           
(Unless Otherwise Stated)


Wilcox Shelter - Wayne County Resident
Non-Wayne County Resident


Northville Shelter #1 - Wayne County Resident
Non-Wayne County Resident
Northville Shelter #2 - Wayne County Resident
Non-Wayne County Resident


Elizabeth Park Bridges #2 and  #3 w/ Gazebo

Not available in 2017 due to construction

Chateau on the River (Formerly Elizabeth Park Shelter Building)

Call Kosch Catering  at (248) 608-0690 or visit www.koschcatering.com

Bridge #1  (Elizabeth Park)


Beverly Watts
Director of Public Services
(313) 224-7600

Service Assistant

How can we assist?
Ask a question or describe the service or information you're looking for!
I need to pay my property taxes.
How can I contact my commissioner?
How can I report a road hazard?

View All Services