Online event will be held at regularly scheduled date and time, 7 p.m. March 26
DETROIT, MI- Out of an abundance of caution for the health and safety of attendees, Wayne County Executive Warren C. Evans announced today that he will deliver a truncated version of his annual State of the County Address online rather than in its traditional format. The event hosted more than 700 attendees last year.
"It's more important for everyone to do their part to help mitigate the spread of Coronavirus through social distancing measures and avoiding large-scale events like the State of the County," Evans said. "While we are proud of our accomplishments, the health and safety of our employees and attendees is our top priority. We are moving this year's event to the web and encouraging communities to consider taking similar steps."
The remarks will include a status update on the Coronavirus in Wayne County at that point in time as well as a shorter overview of the state of the county. The original event, scheduled to be held in Dearborn at the Ford Community and Performing Arts Center, will be streamed at the regularly scheduled time on Thursday March 26, 2020 at 7 p.m. on WayneCounty.com and Facebook. The full presentation will be released following the restructured event.
"Avoiding large crowds, as noted in the Governor's emergency declaration, helps to reduce the spread of this virus, " said Carol Austerberry, Wayne County Health Officer. "Wayne County is committed to the safety of our residents and visitors. While foregoing large events will help, we urge residents to continue to be vigilant with preventive measures such as frequent hand washing for more than 20 seconds and staying home if they feel sick."
Wayne County will update residents, community officials and media on the details for streaming the address closer to date. ###