Community Prosecutions Unit
Wayne County Community Prosecutors are experienced Assistant Prosecutors assigned to posts within the community. Community Prosecutors assist the police and work with citizens to address issues of community justice.
6th & 8th Precincts
(248) 933-3201 - Emaill
10th & 12th Precincts
(248) 855-2169 - Email
2nd & 7th Precincts
(248) 895-5547 - Email
4th & 11th Precincts
(810) 223-6420 - Email
5th & 9th Precincts
(313) 213-0639 - Email
(313) 213-0192 - Email
- Assistant Prosecutors of the Community Prosecution Unit serve the community by:
- Working side by side with the Detroit Police and Sheriff's Department in the investigation, the prosecution and the reduction of gun related violence.
- Reviewing cases from their inception with a view to successful prosecution.
- Assisting police in their investigations by reviewing arrest and search warrant requests, and by conducting investigative subpoenas to presence witness testimony.
- Prosecuting violent crimes from their assigned location, including school and gang related violence.
- Working with community groups to identify and address the quality of life problems created by crime in the neighborhoods, whether this means seeking solutions to problem trash dumping, or by identifying dangerous, abandoned or drug selling houses for potential forfeiture.
- Addressing student and community groups on the state of the law, the criminal justice system and the services available from Community Prosecutors.