Address/Name Change Info

Please be advised that this office cannot permanently change
the name and address of any Tax Record.

To have your address or name changed on a Tax Record, you must visit your local assessors office within the municipality of where the home is located and show proof of sale, deed or property transfer.


Property Transfer Information : A property transfer affidavit must be filed by the new owner with the assessor for the city or township where the property is located within 45 days of transfer.

City of Detroit Office of the Assessors
(313) 224-3035

City of Detroit Office of the Treasury 
(313) 224-3560 or 224-4087

Other Communities

Municipality Links


Eric R. Sabree
Wayne County Treasurer
(313) 224-5990

Service Assistant

How can we assist?
Ask a question or describe the service or information you're looking for!
I need to pay my property taxes.
How can I contact my commissioner?
How can I report a road hazard?

View All Services