- Delivered to Commission a fourth-straight budget surplus for FY 2018-19.
- Achieved investment grade bond rating from Wall Street ratings agencies.
- Released from Consent Agreement with State of Michigan after just 14 months.
- Restructured employee and retiree health care to eliminate over $1 billion in unfunded obligations.
- Balanced Wayne County's budget in first year in office, eliminating a $52 million structural deficit and $82 million accumulated deficit.
- Negotiated new, fiscally-responsible collective bargaining agreements with 12 of 13 County unions.
- Consolidated multiple departments into the streamlined Dept. of Health, Veterans, and Community Wellness to improve access to health care for Wayne County residents.
- Signed contract with Correct Care Solutions (CCS) in order to oversee and improve the quality of care provided in jail health services.
- Implementing new eProcurement system to create more cost-effective, transparent contracting.
- In partnership with community partners, negotiated sale of the abandoned McLouth Steel to Crown Enterprises for $4 million, included in the development agreement is a committment by Crown to invest about $20 million to clean up the polluted site and put it into productive use. Named "Real Estate Deal of the Year" by Crain's Detroit Business.
- Leveraged infrastructure investments in Livonia and Romulus to attract two new Amazon distribution facilities expected to create more than 2,000 new jobs.
- Completed infrastructure improvements to Sheldon Road to help attract Fuyao-China's largest automotive glass manufacturer- to Plymouth, which will bring with it a $66 million investment and more than 500 jobs.
- Sponsor and host for annual Manufacturing Day events to encourage interest in next generation manufacturing careers among Wayne County students. In 2018, more than 50 Wayne County companies open their doors to 3,200 students eager to learn about advanced manufacturing career opportunities.
- Partnered with the Clark Park Coalition t install 58 historic luminary light poles in southwest Detroit's Clark Park in 2018.
- Provided $106,000 grant to install 160 LED streetlights along the revitalized Avenue of Fashion and University Commons neighborhoods in Northwest Detroit in 2015.
- Partnered with local charities to donate rehabbed homes to local families in need.
- Invested $30 million toward 16 capital improvement projects on Wayne County's roads and bridges benefitting 21 communities in 2016.
- Invested $4,489,640 in 88 pieces of new, longer-lasting equipment for Wayne County Roads Division.
- Completed work on the Jefferson Ave. Bascule Bridge and reopened it to traffic on August 12, 2016.
- Initiated partnership with Canton Township to complete $5 million capital improvement project.
- Accepted $207,500 from a $1,741,667 MDEQ Grant to the Alliance of Rouge Communities for storm water management activities throughout the Rouge River watershed.
Access to Health care
- Conducted 19,000 primary care visits at two federally-qualified health clinics in Wayne and Hamtramck, including 2,900 outreach visits in 2015 and 2016.
- Opened dental suite at Wayne Health Center in partnership with University of Detroit-Mercy School of Dentistry.
- Increased immunizations administered by clinics by 17% in 2016.
- Obtained Medical Examiner accreditation from the National Association of Medical Examiners. Wayne County is just one of 87 medical examiners nationally to be accredited.
- Increased small business enrollment in Wayne County Health Choice by 23% in 2016.
- Implemented "No Wrong Door" policy for health and wellness services to ensure residents receive complete care.
- Worked collaboratively with Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy to identify an additional $1 million annually to fund testing and investigation of the rape kit backlog.
- Partnered with First Ladies from faith institutions across Wayne County to raise funds to assist with testing and investigating the rape kit backlog.
- Established partnership with Black Family Development to provide career training and job placement assistance for at-risk youth
- Initiated Wayne County's participation in the Grow Detroit's Young Talent program to provide job opportunities to promising young people.
- Worked with Wayne County Council for the Arts, History, and Humanities to arrange the donation of the Afro-American Sports Hall of Fame and Gallery collection to the Charles H. Wright Museum of African-American History and hosted event honoring pioneering African-American athletes.
- Homeland Security Emergency Management
- Used a $4 million federal grant to purchase equipment and conduct training exercise to test effectiveness of communications across the U.S. and Canadian borders for first responders
- Trained more than 400 Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) volunteers
- Passed a FEMA evaluated drill for Medical Services Response for Radiological Incidents (MS-1)
- Passed FEMA federal safety drill.
- Parks & Recreation Division
- New River Rouge splash pad scheduled to open in 2019.
- Upgraded facilities at Hines Park, Nankin Mills, and Elizabeth Park.
- Partnered with Motor City Mountain Biking Association to implement two trails in Hines Park.
- Participated in the DIA's Inside Out program that brings high quality reproductions of masterpieces to outdoor venues throughout metro Detroit.
- Contracted for Elizabeth Park Shoreline Restoration and Greenway Project.
- Contracted for Parks long term planning process to steer park development over the next ten years.
- 2019 Empowering Life Legacy Award
- 2019 Detroit Thank You Corporate Citizen Award
- 2019 Images and Perceptions Diversity Conference Diversity Recognition Award
- 2019 Leaders Advancing and Helping Communities Excellence and Great Achievements Award
- 2019 Senior Alliance Ed McNamara Award
- 2018 Crain's Detroit Business Newsmaker of the Year
- 2017 Forward Motion Award for Most Effective Public Servant, Transportation Riders United
- 2017 Public Advocate of the Year, Sankofa Black Business Awards
- 2017 Community Leadership Award, Arab American and Chaldean Council
- 2017 Chairman's Pinnacle Award, Congressional Black Caucus Michigan Delegation
- 2016 Leadership & Legacy Award, African American Leadership Awards
- 2016 County Executive of the Year, National Organization of Black County Officials
Members of the Administration
- American Arab Chamber of Commerce Professional of the Year: Assad Turfe
- Crains' Detroit Business 40 under 40 Honoree: Khalil Rahal
- Michigan Chronicle Women of Excellence Award: Genelle Allen
- Michigan Chronicle Women of Excellence Award: Dr. Shawny DeBerry
- Michigan Chronicle Men of Excellence Award: Rev. Greg Roberts