The Wayne County Art Institute Authority administers Wayne County's portion of the tri-county arts millage, initially approved by voters in 2012 and renewed in 2020. The millage supports operations at the Detroit Institute of Arts, located in Detroit, including programs for Wayne County seniors and students, and outreach programs in county communities.
The millage is levied at 0.2-mill annually and will expire in 2031. The annual levy is $15 for those living in homes valued at $150,000.
Two authority members also sit on the Detroit Institute of Arts Board of Directors.
To view a brief video detailing DIA procedures regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as a preview of upcoming museum events, click here.
To contact the authority, click WCArtsAuthority@waynecounty.com.
- Bettye Misuraca - Chair (Term expires 5/16/2022)
- Wayne County Commissioner Tim Killeen - Vice Chair (Term expires 5/16/2022)
- Lolita Haley - Treasurer (Term expires 3/18/2023)
- Barbara Rogelle Miller - Recording Secretary (Term expires 5/16/2022)
- Dawn Lee-Cotton - Corresponding Secretary (Term expires 3/18/2023)
- Maria Lambert (Term expires 5/16/2022)
- Hubert Massey (Term expires 5/16/2022)
- Tonia Jenkins (Term expires 3/17/2023)
- Renata C. Seals (Term expires 3/18/2023)