The Office of the Wayne County Clerk has positions available for: Court Clerk 1, Clerical Specialist, and Clerical Specialist Customer Service.
To reduce the spread of Coronavirus, and to protect the safety of the public and our staff, the Wayne County Clerk's Office is open by appointment only. We strongly encourage you to utilize our online or by-mail options. Listed below are a variety of services and how they can be completed. Please read carefully on how to proceed:
- Order Birth, Death, and Marriage Certificates - order online, by mail or by appointment
- Apply for Marriage License - by appointment only
- Apply to become a Notary Public - by appointment only
- Apply for a NEW Concealed Pistol License - by appointment only
- Renew a Concealed Pistol License - renew online through MSP
- To obtain a new PIN, email us at email@example.com and provide a copy of your driver's license showing proof of current address and the last 4 digits of your SSN
- Assumed Name/Co-Partnership - by mail ONLY
Appointments/Notice to callers
- We continue to experience high call volumes. Phones are being answered between 9:00 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. For questions relating to the Vital Records Office, call 313-967-6938.
- You may also contact us with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions regarding Concealed Pistol Licenses, call 313-224-5565 or contact us at email@example.com.
To protect the safety of all, please wear a mask and practice social distancing.
HOW MAY WE HELP YOU TODAY?
The County Clerk is clerk of the Circuit Court and clerk of the following boards: the Board of Commissioners, Board of County Canvassers, Concealed Weapon Licensing Board, and County Plat Board. She serves as Secretary to the Board of Election Commissioners and is also a statutory member of the Wayne County Apportionment Commission. Other functions of the Clerk are primarily recordkeeping in nature. For example, she must keep transcripts of births and deaths, issue marriage licenses, record and index all business assumed names, co-partnership certificates, notary public appointments, and discharge of military personnel.