Font Size:

General Litigation & Employment


The purpose of the Litigation & Employment group is to provide attorney consultations, litigation, and legal support services to Wayne County departments and elected officials so they can reduce liability, exposure, and operating costs in the civil litigation, labor, employment, and workers compensation areas.


How do I serve Wayne County with a lawsuit that names it as a party defendant?

Michigan Court Rule 2.105(G) provides:
Service of a process on a public body may be made by serving a summons and a copy of the complaint on:

  1. The chairperson of the board of commissioners or the County Clerk of a county.
    Room 211, at the Wayne County Clerk's Office, 2 Woodward Ave., will accept service of a lawsuit in which the County of Wayne is a named party.