Interest Reduction Stipulated Payment Agreement (IRSPA)
If you are struggling to pay years of delinquent property taxes, you may qualify to be enrolled in the Interest Reduction Stipulated Payment Agreement (IRSPA). This payment plan reduces the interest rate from 18% to 6% for eligible taxpayers. To sign up, you must own and live in your home, and have a Principal Residence Exemption (PRE) that proves permanent residency.
Under IRSPA, all delinquencies can be bundled into one payment plan. IRSPA enrollment expires June 30th, 2019.
Stipulated Payment Agreement (SPA)
Available to everybody, this plan allows a taxpayer to pay taxes pursuant to a payment schedule. The plan will avoid foreclosure provided that payments are submitted per the agreed upon schedule. To be effective the plan must be signed by both the taxpayer and the Treasurer's Office.
Distressed Owner Occupant Extension (DOOE)The Distressed Owner/Occupant Extension Application extends the deadline for payment of your delinquent/forfeited taxes and thereby withholds your parcel from being offered for auction in September/October. This application is for a taxpayer experiencing financial hardship and occupies the home. The application includes a page that details the household income standards in order to be approved for the extension.
This program is not available to everyone. In order to qualify for the DOOE you must:
- Own the property and have proof of ownership through a deed with your name on it.
- Live in the property and have proof of occupancy shown through a utility bill or other document.
- Be suffering financial hardship and show that through an affidavit or other documentation showing your financial distress.
- You must have proof of your identity with a government issued driver's license or ID.
DOOE DOOE Renewal
As a Veteran you will be allowed to enter into a Payment Plan without a down payment (on your principal residence) as long as you are able to provide one of following documents:
- Honorable Discharge Certifications papers
- DD-214 Form referencing an Honorable Discharge
For further information please contact our office.