The best way to contact our office is by email. (See below)
Our call center is open to take your calls. However, if you are unable to contact our office and would like a return call, please send an email to email@example.com with your name, phone number, address, and parcel ID number, and one of our customer service representatives will call you.
Email UsGeneral Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Payment Plan Information: WCTOPaymentPlans@waynecounty.com
Community Events, and Communications Information: WCTOCommunity@waynecounty.com
Mailing AddressWayne County Treasurer's Office
400 Monroe Street, 5th Floor
Detroit, MI 48226
In Person: By Appointment OnlyMake an appointment
The Wayne County Treasurer's Office is open by appointment only for the following transactions:
- Required in person cash transactions*
- "Pay As You Stay" transactions
- Deed certifications
- Payment plans
See our Tax Payment Options page.
You will be required to wear a mask and practice social distancing.
(by appointment only)
Monday - Friday: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Saturday: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM (through the month of March)
Holiday Closures:The Wayne County Treasurer's Office will be closed on the following dates:
- May 29, 2023 - Memorial Day
- June 19, 2023: Juneteenth
- July 4, 2023 - Independence Day
- September 4, 2023 - Labor Day
- October 9, 2023 - Columbus Day
- November 23-24, 2023 - Thanksgiving Day
- 2023 Holiday Closure: The Wayne County Treasurer's Office will be closed from December 22, 2023 - January 1, 2024. Our office will reopen on January 2, 2024.