Help Paying Property Taxes
If you are unable to pay your Wayne County taxes to prevent the loss of your home for tax foreclosure you may be able to get financial assistance and free legal help.
(866) 946-4732. www.stepforwardmichigan.org
Step Forward Michigan is a state program that provides interest free forgivable loans to pay past due taxes or mortgage payments.
(313) 272-3900. https://gdabvi.org/
The Greater Detroit Agency for the Blind and Visually Impaired provides quality, innovative services that increase self-reliance, productivity and dignity for persons who are blind or visually impaired.
* All financial help is contingent upon qualifications and available funding. If you believe you were wrongfully denied State Emergency Relief, you may obtain free legal help from one of the agencies below:
For Free Counseling and Legal Assistance:
- United Community Housing Coalition - (313) 963-3310 (Detroit only)
- Michigan Legal Services - (313) 964-4130 (Wayne County)
- Legal Aid and Defender - (313) 964-4700 (Wayne County)