Scope of Service
The Department of Human Resources ensures positions in County Government are filled by the most qualified, capable and committed employees available and to develop a environment that is able to effectively support both internal and external stakeholders.Wayne County P/HR provides many services through its six (6) Divisions.
Talent Management Division
- Examinations: Conducts examinations and recruits applicants in order to fill vacant positions.
- Classifications: Allocates employment positions; reviews reclassification requests and appeals; maintains and publishes the pay plan.
- Certification: Fills vacant positions from job applicant eligibility lists and processes employee transactions such as transfers and promotions.
Data-Informatics/Strategic Business Division
- Provides organizational development (OD) through position & compensation development and organizational effectiveness (OE) by providing tools, information and analysis that drives data-driven decision making, strategy and employee performance.
Labor & Employee Relations Division
- Responsible for negotiating Collective Bargaining Agreements (CBAs) with Wayne County employee organizations, provides CBA interpretation, grievance administration, EEO compliance and investigation processing.
Employee Engagement Division
- Provides organizational development (OD) through training and performance management, as well as, employee engagement through effective, 2-way, communication methods that focus on workplace engagement, education and empowerment.
- Responsible for employee records, HRIS upkeep and timekeeping functions. Applies wage and salary provisions of collective bargaining agreements; records personnel transactions; and assists other departments with personnel matters.
Civil Service Commission
- Made up of a three-member body appointed by the CEO and governed by the Civil Service Rules, the Civil Service Commission hears employee appeals of examinations and certain disciplinary matters.
- We will be considerate of the employees' needs as we provide an accurate and timely response to their request in a respectful, courteous and professional manner.
- We will exhibit professionalism through our attire and language in the work environment.
- We will accept ownership by assigning, monitoring and ensuring that tasks are accomplished with urgency and accuracy.
- We will deliver information in a detailed format that uses plain language and is delivered in a method aligned to the intended outcome and perception.
- We will consistently do the right thing- even when it's hard.
The Department of Personnel/Human Resources' office hours are Monday- Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm.