Civil / Family Division
The Civil / Family Division Cash Office of the Wayne County Clerkâ€™s Office is located at 2 Woodward Avenue, Room 201, of the Coleman A. Young Municipal Center in Detroit, MI.
The purpose of this office is to receive and disburse all court-ordered payments relative to Third Circuit Court Civil / Family cases, as well as to provide customers with personal documents, including such things as marriage licenses and birth and death certificates for Wayne County, as well as candidate filing fees for elected officials of Wayne County.
This division is also responsible for the proper accounting and reporting of all collections and relative disbursements to their respective departments, divisions and/or civil recipients.
Office hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday and Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
The Civil / Family Division of the Wayne County Clerkâ€™s Office collects fees for the following:
- Marriage Licenses (In State & Out of State)
- Marriage Certificates
- Marriage Reprints
- Marriage Ceremony Fees (Group $50 & Private $125.00)
- Concealed Weapons Permits (Applications & Renewals)
- Determination of Birth
- Birth Certificates
- Death Certificates
- Assumed Name Registrations and Renewals
- Assumed Name Certifications
- Notary Commissions
- Notary Acknowledgments
- Passport Application Fees
- Candidate Filing Fees
The Civil/Family Division also collects fees for the Third Circuit Court and/or State of Michigan for the following:
- Case Filings (Civil & Family)
- Jury Demand
- Friend of the Court Investigations
- Friend of the Court Fees
- Appellate Court Appeals
- Court Costs and Fines
- Prisoner Filings
Other fees collected for other departments or entities are for the following:
- Soil Erosions for Department of Environment
- Mechanic Liens
- Construction Liens
- Escrow Accounts for the Court