The purpose of the Division of Jail Health Services is to provide physical health, mental health and support services to jail inmates so they can achieve an optimal level of health during incarceration and be linked to appropriate health services after release from jail .
- Jail Medical Health Services Program Services
The purpose of the Jail Medical Health Services Program is to provide examination, treatment, referral and education services to Jail inmates so they can be as healthy as possible during the term of their incarceration.
- Jail Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Program Services
The purpose of the Jail Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Program is to provide disease surveillance, prevention and control services to those who work, visit or are housed at the jail so they can reduce their risk of exposure to infectious diseases.
- Jail Mental Health Program Services
The purpose of the Jail Mental Health Program is to provide assessment, treatment and discharge planning services to patient/inmates so they can achieve their optimal level of mental health while incarcerated and be linked to mental health and support services after jail release.
- Inmate Support and Liaison Program Services
The purpose of the Inmate Support and Liaison Program is to provide inmates with access to on-site and community services that offer personal, legal and social supports.
- Health Information Management Program Services
The purpose of the Health Information Management Program is to provide medical/mental health record services to internal and external health care providers, patient/inmates and other entities with legal access authority so they can have complete and legally compliant records for patient care by the date requested, or otherwise disclosed, within 30 days
- Anyone who has information or concerns regarding the health care of an individual in the custody of the Wayne County Jail can call and leave a message at 313-224-6442. The care of your loved ones is important to us. Messages are triaged within the system. Thank you, the Jail Health Unit within the Department of Health, Human, and Veterans Services.