The Wayne County Treasurer's Office offers various payment plans to assist residents with their property taxes.
Payment Plan Information
To apply for a payment plan or if you have questions about entering into a payment plan, email: email@example.com
Avoid heavy traffic, increased parking rates, and long lines. The payment site may default to an amount to be paid; if this is not the amount you wish to pay you may delete the number that appears in the screen and insert the amount that you wish to pay. Search for your parcel. Select the "Pay Now" option and follow the step-by-step process for the following:
- Electronic debit to a checking or savings account (ACH). Payments made using this service are at no cost to the taxpayer.
- This site is authorized to accept Visa, MasterCard, and American Express. Taxpayers using this service will incur a service charge of 2.49% of the total taxes paid. The fee is paid to the service provider, not the Wayne County Treasurer.
Payments can be made by check payable to Wayne County Treasurer.
The address is:
Wayne County Treasurer
P.O. Box 554889
Detroit, MI 48255-4889
To avoid delays, please make sure to also mail the payment "coupon" barcode from the bottom of one of our notices with your payment. If your payment does not contain the tear off "coupon" barcode, your payment will be delayed.
Payments postmarked by the last day of the month will be honored as if received on that day. Please note your parcel ID on the check. A receipt will not be provided. Should you require a receipt you must send a self-addressed, stamped envelope with your payment. The parcel ID or address of the property should be written on the back of the envelope.
You may also request a receipt by providing an email address to our website (Pay Taxes Online) and a receipt will then be provided by email.
For more information please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Tax Information Line at: 313-224-5990.
You will be prompted to create a password the first time you inquire about your parcel, but your information will be saved for any future payments you make by entering your password. You will be given a confirmation number at the end of the call and if you wish to receive a receipt, you can go back to the website and request one in a few days, or you can send a self-addressed stamped envelope to our address.
Kiosk Location Finder
- Make payments and look up account details
- Easy tax information look-up
- Pay with check, cash or credit card (Payment by cash or check is free. Payment by credit card will incur a 2.49% service charge paid to the service provider not the Wayne County Treasurer).
- Required in person cash transactions*
- "Pay As You Stay" transactions
- Payment Plans
- Deed Certifications
Appointments can be made now at the link below:
Make an Appointment
You will be required to wear a mask and practice social distancing. Please do not bring anyone with you unless his or her assistance is necessary to help you during the appointment. We will provide hand sanitizer upon entry.
The Office of the Wayne County Treasurer:
400 Monroe Street, 5th Floor
Detroit, MI 48226 | Map
Office hours: Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.