Tax Payment Options
400 Monroe, 5th Floor
Detroit, Michigan 48226 | Map
Office Hours: Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 pm
Wednesday Extended Hours 8:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Tax Information Line: 313-224-5990
The payment site may default to an amount to be paid; if this is not the amount you wish to pay you may delete the number that appears in the screen and insert the amount that you wish to pay. Search for your parcel. Select the "Pay Now" option and follow the Step-by-Step process for the following:
- Electronic debit to a checking or savings account (ACH). Payments made using this service are at no cost to the taxpayer. Accepting Visa, Mastercard, and Discover.
- This site is authorized to accept MasterCard or Visa. Taxpayers using this service will incur a service charge of 2.49% of the total taxes paid. The fee is paid to the service provider, not the Wayne County Treasurer.
Payments can be made by check payable to Wayne County Treasurer.
The address is:
Wayne County Treasurer
Detroit, MI 48232-5555
Payments postmarked by the last day of the month will be honored as if received on that day. Please note your parcel ID on the check. A receipt will not be provided. Should you require a receipt you must send a self addressed, stamped envelope with your payment. The parcel ID or address of the property should be written on the back of the envelope. You may also request a receipt by providing an email address to our website (Pay Taxes Online) and a receipt will then be provided by email electronically. A tax year that has a status of forfeiture, state, or individual bid, requires certified funds only.
For more information please email us at email@example.com or call the Tax Information Line at: 313-224-5990.
You can now pay by phone by calling (313) 224-5990 and choosing option 1. You will be prompted to create a password the first time you inquire about your parcel, but your information will be saved for any future payments you make by entering your password. You will be given a confirmation number at the end of the call and if you wish to receive a receipt, you can go back to the website and request one in a few days, or you can send a self addressed stamped envelope to the address below.
Check, cash or certified funds are accepted. Checks must be payable to the Wayne County Treasurer. A tax year that has a status of forfeiture, state, or individual bid, requires certified funds only.
- Make payments and look up account details
- Easy tax information look-up
- Pay with check, cash or credit card* (*Payment by cash or check is free. Payment by credit card will incur a 2.49% service charge paid to the service provider not the Wayne County Treasurer.)
Conveniently pay your delinquent property taxes at a kiosk in Rite Aid stores and other participating locations!
Avoid heavy traffic, increased parking rates, and long lines. During high volume dates, please use the kiosks, or download and use the DivDat Mobile App to make payments.
Download the FREE Divdat mobile app.
Apple Users Click HereAndroid Users Click Here