What is a Prosecutor?
The Prosecuting Attorney's office is responsible for a wide array of functions for the County, including:
- Act as chief law enforcement official for the County;
- Review, authorize and prosecute violations of felony and misdemeanor criminal laws of the State of Michigan and County ordinances committed inside the County;
- Authorize and prosecute felony and misdemeanor juvenile delinquency offenses;
- Represent the County in criminal matters before the District and Circuit Courts; Juvenile delinquency, parental neglect, and appeals in the Court of Appeals and Michigan Supreme Court;
- Attend contested mental health commitment hearings.