Land Resource Management
Additional responsibilities of the LRMD include Solid Waste Planning, which entails development and enforcement of Wayne County's Solid Waste Management Plan. In this capacity, LRMD provides direction and education on recycling and composting, both of which are successful methods of reducing the volume of waste disposed of within the county. LRMD also hosts frequently scheduled collection events for household hazardous waste, electronic waste, and scrap tires.
2019 Household Hazardous Waste Collection EventsSaturday, May 11, 2019
Henry Ford Community College
5101 Evergreen Road, Dearborn
Saturday, August 10, 2019
Westland Shopping Center
(Lot behind JCP store)
Saturday, October 19, 2019
Wayne County Community College District - Downriver Campus
21000 Northline Road, Taylor
CRT televisions and CRT monitors are accepted at Wayne County Household Hazardous Waste events effective October 1, 2017.
Goals and Objectives
Solid Waste Program
- Provide regulatory oversight of solid waste facilities within Wayne County to minimize the impact to residents and the environment.
- To minimize the impact of Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) by providing information on proper disposal and by hosting HHW collection events throughout Wayne County.
- Provide assistance to communities and community groups looking for help in preventing illegal dumping.
- Increase the awareness of the need for recycling of waste materials as a means of reducing reliance on landfills.
Soil Erosion Program
- Provide regulatory oversight of earth change activities in Wayne County communities under our jurisdiction to minimize the impact to residents and the environment.
- Provide timely review and issuance of Soil Erosion permits to applicants to prevent an undue burden on communities and developers during the construction and development process.