Vaccine and Testing Information
All Residents Are Encouraged to Stay Protected And Get the Updated COVID-19 Vaccine!
The updated 2023-2024 COVID-19 vaccines are recommended for everyone 6 months and older regardless of previous vaccination.
Vaccines continue to be the most effective tool to protect against severe illness, hospitalization, and death from COVID-19. Protection decreases over time as new variants continue to emerge. The updated vaccines boost protection heading into the fall and winter seasons when COVID-19 is most likely to spread.
For the 2023-2024 season the CDC recommends:
- Everyone 6 months and older, regardless of previous vaccination, should receive 1 dose of the updated 2023-2024 COVID-19 vaccine at least 2 months after their last dose.
- Some children 6 months through 4 years and immunocompromised people may need additional doses.
How to get the updated COVID-19 vaccine at no cost:
- If you have health insurance, you will be able to receive the COVID-19 vaccine at no cost at a local pharmacy or healthcare provider.
- Those without health insurance, or if insurance does not cover all of the vaccine costs, can receive the vaccine at no-cost at the Wayne County Public Health Division.
For more information about COVID-19 and vaccine go to: COVID-19 | CDC
COVID-19 Testing Sites
Ernest T. Ford Recreation Center, 10 Pitkin St.
- Third Friday of every month, 9:00am - 3:00pm
- 9/15, 10/20
Livonia Senior Center, 15218 Farmington Rd.
- Every other Friday, 12:00pm - 4:00pm,
- 9/15, 9/29
COVID -19 Free At-Home Test Kits & Resources
Free Test Kits from COVID.gov
Get Free at-home COVID-19 tests for Community Organization
State of Michigan Testing Site Locator
Self Testing Fact Sheet
Anyone with symptoms of COVID-19 or potential exposure should get tested, even those who are fully vaccinated or have already had COVID-19. There are many locations to get tested at no cost.
Community Organizations in need of bulk rapid test kits please call 1-866-610-3885