Struggling to Pay Your Property Taxes?
Detroit homeowners may be eligible for a property tax exemption for 2018! Please attend one of our workshops for free help applying.
Workshop dates and locations:
District 1 and 2:
Monday, December 3rd: 10am - 4pm
Focus Hope: 1400 Oakman Blvd. Detroit, MI 48238
District 3 and 4:
Date: Wednesday, December 5th: 10am - 4pm
Alkebulan Village: 7701 Harper Ave. Detroit, MI 48213
Tuesday, December 4th: 10am - 4pm
Central Detroit Christian: 1550 Taylor St. Detroit, MI 48206
Friday, December 7th: 10am - 4pm
Patton Recreation Center: 2301 Woodmere St. Detroit, MI 48209
Thursday, December 6th: 10am - 4pm
Suzanne Cody Rouge Community Resource Center: 19321 W Chicago St. Detroit, MI 48228
What materials will I need to bring to the workshop?
- Deed for the home in your name
- Current ID for all adults over 18
- Proof of income for everyone over 18 (Ex: W2's, paystubs, SSI/SSD, food stamps, etc.)
- Proof of expenses (Ex: current utility bills, tax payment plan, medical bills, credit card bills, etc.)
- Financial Assets (Ex. Bank statement, 401k, insurance settlement, etc.)
- Report cards for school age children
- Notarized letter of help from anyone who is assisting you financially
- 2017 Federal & State income tax return
All workshops will be facilitated by a team of trusted community groups and non-profits based in the city of Detroit.
Take advantage of these workshops, which will be the last opportunity to receive help applying for a 2018 Property Tax Exemption. After December 10th, the 2018 applications will no longer be accepted by the City of Detroit.