Michigan Hardest Hit Fund (HHF) Programs Wind DownDecember 2, 2019 - Starting today, homeowners will be able to submit a new completed paper application via fax, email or mail to Step Forward Michigan if they are in need of delinquent mortgage, property tax or condominium association fees assistance. The program will continue to review Loan Rescue applications in the pipeline and new applications on a first come, first serve basis as funds remain available. Sheriff sales will not be escalated.
The Step Forward Michigan online portal is now closed to new applications. The website at www.stepforwardmichigan.org remains active with updated resources and a paper application.
Preliminary Wind Down Timeline
December 1, 2019 - Online application portal closed to new applications.
- HHF staff continue to review, process and fund existing pipeline.
- Step Forward website refreshed and will include an application package template, list of available resources, frequently asked questions (FAQ), and Step Forward contact information.
- HHF staff will continue to take pre-scheduled phone applications.
- HHF staff will accept and enter completed application packages into the portal.
- HHF recaptured funds will be recycled into the Loan Rescue program.
December 31, 2020 - Last date Loan Rescue applicants can be determined eligible and be approved for funding.