Michigan's Temporary Covid 19 RestrictionsAs of June 1, 2021,
- Face masks are still required for non-vaccinated individuals (ages 2+) at all times within indoor establishments except when eating or drinking.
- Fully vaccinated individuals are NOT required to wear a face mask indoors including restaurant employees unless the business requires it.
- Face masks are no longer required outdoors.
- Indoor dining must continue to maintain accurate contact tracing records for patrons who consume food or beverages inside the premises,
- The overall capacity of the establishment including staff, patrons and all other persons will be limited to 25 people or 50% of the limits established by the fire marshal, whichever is greater.
- Six feet distancing and limited capacity at dining tables is rescinded.
- It is highly recommended that schools continue to require face masks.
All Covid-19 restrictions expected to be rescinded on July 1, 2021.
Symptoms of Covid-19 and Quarantining
Symptoms of Covid-19 means fever, uncontrolled cough, or atypical new onset of shortness of breath or at least 2 of the following not explained by known physical condition:
- loss of taste or smell
- muscle aches
- sore throat
- severe headache
- abdominal pain
This will remove the option of a 10-day self-quarantine. As a reminder, a "test out of quarantine" strategy has never been adopted in the State of Michigan and is not authorized by the Wayne County Public Health Division.
No quarantine period is required when an individual is identified as a close contact and one of the following situations applies:
- Within the past 5 months the close contact had a positive confirmable COVID (PCR) test; OR
- The close contact has been vaccinated with a COVID vaccine that requires two doses of vaccine to be fully vaccinated or one dose of a COVID vaccine that only requires one dose and fourteen (14) days have passed since the last dose of the vaccine has been administered.
Until further guidance is provided by MDHHS, testing to reduce quarantine to 7 days is not authorized by the Wayne County Public Health Division.
Quarantine is isolation from others, please adhere to the guidelines for everyone's protection.
Covid-19 Positive Foodservice Employees
- Management must contact the Wayne County Health Department unless you reside in Detroit and notify them of the positive Covid case(s).
- Notify all employees of the exposure of the Covid positive employee and instruct any other employees with close contact to quarantine for 14 days.
- Prohibit any and all Covid positive employees , employees showing symptoms of Covid while at work and close contacts from the premises and any other jointly owned foodservice facilities.
- Management shall obtain the names and phone numbers for any employee deemed as close contact ( less than 6 feet for 15 minutes or more) and provide the information to the Health Department.
- Close the foodservice establishment temporarily for deep cleaning and sanitizing consistent with Food & Drug Administration and CDC guidance.
CDC/EPA: Cleaning and Disinfecting Your Facility
Everyday steps, when someone is sick, and considerations for employers
- Wear disposable gloves to clean and disinfect.
- Clean surfaces using soap and water. then use disinfectant.
- Cleaning with soap and water reduces number of germs, dirt and impurities on the surface. Disinfecting kills germs on surfaces.
- Practice routine cleaning of frequently touched surfaces.
- More frequent cleaning and disinfection may be required based on level of use.
- Surfaces and objects in public places , such as shopping carts and point of sale keypads should be cleaned and disinfected before each use.
- High touch surfaces include: tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, sinks, etc.
- Disinfect with a household disinfectant on List N: Disinfectants For Use Against SARS-COV-2, the virus that causes Covid 19.
- Follow the instructions on the label to ensure safe and effective use of the product.
- Many products recommend: Keep surface wet for a period of time (see product label), precautions such as wearing gloves and making sure you have good ventilation during use of the product.
Covid 19 Vaccine
- Currently the Covid 19 Pfizer Vaccine (2 doses) is being offered to anyone 12 years of age and older. Moderna (2 doses) and Johnson & Johnson (1 dose) are also being offered to adults.
Outdoor Seating requirements during Covid 19
- "Indoors" means within a space enclosed fully or partially on the top, and enclosed fully or partially on more than one side. Indoor spaces therefore include most buildings (such as barns and garages), vehicles (such as buses and trains) and temporary structures (including tents or canopies with side walls or coverings, unless open on three sides).
Application for Outdoor Dining due to Covid-19
Outdoor Seating Requirement Template due to Covid-19