Retiree Stipend Program
Wayne County Retiree Stipend Program Information
Medicare Advantage Plan Information for Stipend RetireesFor Medicare-eligible Stipend Retirees that are enrolled or wish to enroll in the BCBSM Group Medicare Advantage plan or would like more information.
- BCBSM Group Benefit Information: www.bcbsmgroupmedicareplan.com or call the phone number on back of your BCBSM card
- For more information about enrolling in this plan visit TMR & Associate's dedicate website at: https://tmrandassoc.com/wayne-county-retirees/ or call 313-963-1135
- Medicare-Eligible Stipend Account Information: Municipal Employees Retirement System (MERS) or call 800-767-6377.
- Call the Benefits Division: 313-224-5157 or eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org
MERS / Alerus Information & Forms
- Wayne County Medicare Stipend Retiree Member Presentation
- MERS HCSP Wayne County Retiree Stipend Presentation
- Wayne County Welcome Letter FINAL 2021-12-7
- 1b MD-103_HCSP Beneficiary Designation Form_Wayne County
- 1c HCSP Direct Deposit Form
- 1c MD-105_HCSP Reimbursement Claim _Wayne County-Form
- MD-102_HCSP Investment Election_Wayne County-Form
- 2b HCSP_Separation Employment Guide
2022 Annual Pre-Medicare Retiree Stipend Verification
Retirees that are part of the Wayne County Retiree Stipend Program must certify annually that they continue to be eligible for a stipend. All pre-Medicare stipends are stopped effective November 30 of each year. Retirees failing to respond by the given deadline will not receive a stipend payment beginning with the stipend payment issued with the December 1 pension check nor thereafter until such time as requested information is received and evaluated.
- Verification Form Mail Date: Sept. 1, 2022
- Effective Date for Stipend Change (if any): Dec. 1, 2022
- Deadline for Responses: 30 days from date of notice