Stipulated Payment Agreement

The Stipulated Payment Agreement Application extends the deadline for payment of delinquent/forfeited taxes. If the conditions stated within the agreement are satisfied, the parcel will be withheld from being offered for auction in September/October. This payment agreement is available for tax year 2014 and/or prior tax years. Please be aware that if a payment agreement plan was submitted for tax year 2013 and/or prior years, that agreement must be satisfied prior to applying for the 2014 tax year payment agreement. 

If you are interested in applying please click on the attached form below, enter the required information, and mail to the Treasurer's office. Please make sure to enter your initials in the box located on the right toward the top of the document and also complete the requested information in the box located in the lower left.  Do not fill in any payment amounts (in the top left) as the Treasurer's office will enter that information and send you a copy. The Treasurer's office address is: Wayne County Treasurer,  Attn:Taxpayer Assistance, 400 Monroe Suite 530, Detroit, MI, 48226




Recently new legislation was passed and signed into law that allows for interest on owner occupied properties to be reduced from 18% to 6% if the delinquent taxes are paid in full.  A payment plan can be entered to pay those taxes.  To qualify you must own and live in the property as your primary residence.  You must have a Principal Residence Exemption (PRE) which is granted by your local community. If you have a PRE on your proprerty we can offer you an Interest Reduction Stipulated Payment Agreement (IRSPA).  You will be required to pay 10% of the base delinquent taxes as a down payment.  You will then make monthly payments of about 3% of the base delinquent taxes.  YOU MUST THEN KEEP YOUR NEW TAXES PAID TIMELY so that no more taxes come over delinquent.


For further information, please send an email to or call our Taxpayer Assistance Department at (313) 224-6105.
Eric R. Sabree
Wayne County Treasurer
(313) 224-5990

Service Assistant

How can we assist?
Ask a question or describe the service or information you're looking for!
I need to pay my property taxes.
How can I contact my commissioner?
How can I report a road hazard?

View All Services